The State’s Attorneys Office prosecutes all felony, misdemeanor and traffic crimes committed in Douglas County. In addition to criminal prosecution, the State’s Attorney advises and represents the County Board and the elected and appointed officials of Douglas County. The office assists those petitioning for Orders of Protection, and goes to court to collect unpaid child support.
- Douglas County State’s Attorney: Kate Watson
- 1st Assistant State’s Attorney: David Deschler
- Victim Advocate: Amanda Barbee
Frequently Asked Questions
- Continuances: While we are happy to answer citizen questions when we can, we are not allowed to delay the court date given to you by an officer when you receive a traffic ticket.
- Traffic Supervision forms and questions relating to them may be answered by calling the Douglas County Circuit Clerk’s Office. Supervision in our county requires completing a 4 hour traffic safety program – not all drivers will qualify.